Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Orange Julius

I ♥ Orange Julius.

I haven't had a REAL one in YEARS.
But I like to make my own version at home.
I have a commercial blender (a REAL commercial blender, not a overpriced blender that says its commercial.) and I'm not afraid to use it.

I'll share my version:
8/ oj (With pulp & w/o calcium or added junk)
8/ water
2T pasteurized egg whites
splash of vanilla
1/4-1/3 cup sugar
Ice- one tray's worth

Pop the lid on & blend. (I use the #3 pre-programed setting- but that is really intended for frozen berry smoothies) so it sometimes can over whip the whites.

Pour into a big insulated mug & enjoy with a jumbo straw!
(One of the local drive-thru places has the red straws that are made of thicker plastic & are "wide-mouthed" we try to grab extras & save them for our frozen drinks at my house!) Regular straws & bendy straws just collapse & aren't worth the hassle when it comes to these drinks!

Oh Wow.
Apparently they will be opening one somewhat near-by (an hour's drive) soon-- or it may now be open, by as I don't go to malls (Hey! I used to work at one-- and shopping just isn't the same now that I have two kids!)

No comments: