Thursday, April 17, 2008

She Likes IT!

I'm binding off the afghan as it is.
I think much bigger would be bed sized, and too bulky to curl up with in front of the fire. Which, since she lives up in the mountains happens A LOT! (It was snowing there the other day... and 80 here.)

I've started a smaller (narrower) one with the same brown & cream base yarn and some fun purple from Bernat MAX in Eggplant or Aubergine. (What a fun way to say purple!) The Bernat MAX is fun, it is a think/thin yarn but the thick parts are VERY thick, so those parts are lumpy!

I tried a few rows of the "Basic Tunisian Stitch" (T) (I think that is what it is called it may be a different stitch entirely.) but I really prefer the look and weight of the "Simple Stitch." (Tss) So, the new stitch was frogged. I now see why people claim that Tunisian is so thick and heavy.

I love the Tss and the way it mimics woven fabric. I also did a small swatch of the Tunisian Knit Stitch but- Why not just knit if that is how you want it to look. I guess if you are doing a sweater or something it could be added of textural effect, but, I don't like it for an afghan. It looks a bit like the sections I TRIED to do for MC with those round knifty knitter looms.

Maybe pictures soon, but tonight I need to put together the earrings I've got planned for the JET's Wedding Challenge. I'm thinking Pearls, Peridot & Garnet-- really pull colors from the flowers.

No comments: